Mr. Wren's Eighth Grade Class

Welcome to our webpage! Here you can see what type of activities we are doing, as well as see what homework is due. Please feel free to visit as often as you like!

Monday, September 26, 2005

GW page one

Discussion topics:

  1. Do you study the same things that Washington did as a boy? What do you study now that Washington did not? Why do you think what children study has changed? Do teachers and parents still have rules for good behavior?
  2. What do you think Washington's surveying trip was like? Would it be similar to a trip to the Shenandoah Valley today? How would it be different? How do you think Washington crossed rivers? Would there have been roads and hotels?

2 Comments:

  • At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am Ever Diaz and I don't study the same things that washington did. He studied to survey land and I think the study for us has changed because of all of our history over the past years like the Civil War and the World Wars.I think his survey trip was exciting for him. He got to travel and do all sorts of stuff. I think he crossed the river using a canoe and there time wasn't just civilized yet.

     
  • At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I AM MARTIN RAMIREZ AND I THINK EVER IS RIGHT. WE DONT STUDY THE SAME THINGS AS WASHINGTON. HE STUDIED TO SURVEY LAND.AND I THINK THAT THE TEACHING DID NOT CHANGE ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CIVIL WAR.I THINK IT ALSO CHANGED BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE DICOVERED MORE THINGS ABOUT WASHINGTON. I ALSO THINK EVER IS RIGHT ON THE ONE WHEN WASHINGTON CROSSED THE RIVER WITH A CANOE.AND HE'S RIGHT, BACK THEN IT WASN'T CIVILIZED YET.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home